Hello! I’m Charlie Goring, personal assistant. I’m here to help you with:
- Cleaning, tidying, washing, ironing and organizing, as well as tackling larger tasks like spring cleaning
- Cooking and internet shopping
- Shopping and other errands on your behalf
- Accompanying you shopping, to appointments, activities, places of interest, family and friends
- The basic needs of household pets and clearing up after them (I’m used to walking large dogs and washing their muddy feet, or fully bathing them when necessary)
- General garden maintenance
Ask me if if there’s something else you want me to do!
I have public liability insurance
I charge £15 per hour and I’m happy to help within 5 miles of Eastbourne (but possibly further).
I can usually help you 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday-Friday, in minimum 2-hour slots, but also at evenings and weekends. Temporary (as well as regular) respite care is possible.
I’m a member (more here) of the East Sussex Support with Confidence scheme (more here), training with the curriculum of the Care Certificate, where I took courses in Food Safety in Catering (L2), Moving and Handling of People, and Safeguarding Adults (I have an Advanced DBS Disclosure).
Computer: Level 2 ECDL Certificate in IT User Skills (QCF)
I’ve enjoyed friendship with older and disabled people since an early age, in both work and spare time:
- Voluntary work with the homeless and others in all kinds of need at St Patrick’s, Hove, and Matthew 25 Mission, Eastbourne
- Worked as a cleaner, gardener, kitchen porter, shop assistant (including serving food), driver and archaeology assistant
- More recent experience of voluntary care, checking hearing aids, encouraging physiotherapy exercises, errands, phoning medical people, checking heating controls and minor household maintenance
The plants and animals of the countryside, local history (military and industrial, too), chess, many different kinds of music, what’s in the news, poetry, helping victims of crime.
Telephone: 07392 202174
Post: 9 Kerrara Terrace, Whitley Rd, EASTBOURNE, BN22 8NL